Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I agree! Sorta!

I agree with the bulk, and spirit, of this piece on the differences between Kerry and Bush. My only disagreement here is that the Bush-Haters annoy me far more than Bush himself, so in that sense, I sort of lean closer to Bush. I'm also not nearly so negative on Iraq, although I was never really a supporter of the war, and I'm more reluctant to blame Bush for Abu Ghraib. Then again, I agree with this comment from the piece too (thank God for third party candidates like Badnarik, relieving me of the difficulty of having to choose!):

Kerry doesn't owe anything to the religious right, and you can't blame him for the torture at Abu Ghraib. Other than that, he's not much of an improvement. Yet I find myself hoping the guy wins. Not because I'm sure he'll be better than the current executive, but because the incumbent so richly deserves to be punished at the polls. Making me root for a sanctimonious statist blowhard like Kerry isn't the worst thing Bush has done to the country. But it's the offense that I take most personally.

- from "Ten Reasons to Fire George W. Bush: And nine reasons why Kerry won't be much better", by Jesse Walker, Reason Online, July 13, 2004 - linked here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home